Lemongrass is a plant which is popular in both Asia and Africa for hundreds, possibly thousands, of years. It is also known as fever grass or citronella, Generally known for its aromatic properties, it is commonly used as an insect repellent. However, Lemongrass has many curative properties and assists in the fight against some of our most dangerous lifestyle diseases.
It is also generally known that Lemongrass is helpful in healing fevers, coughs and colds. However it is able to do much more. Below are seven (7) of the healing benefits of Lemongrass.
7 Healing Benefits Of Lemongrass
- High Blood Pressure – in a 2012 study, 72 male volunteers were given either lemongrass tea or green tea to drink. Those who drank the lemongrass tea experienced a moderate drop in blood pressure. They also had a significantly lower heart rate. Researchers caution though, that men with heart and blood pressure problems should use lemongrass in moderation.
- PMS – Tea made from the grass helps with menstrual cramps, bloating, and hot flashes
- Insomnia – drinking one (1) cup of tea just before bedtime helps restore restful sleep.
- Constipation – it also keeps the bowels moving properly. As a result it removes toxins and eliminates constipation.
- Acne – drinking the tea regularly helps in removing acne and other skin issues
- Rheumatism – it helps relieve joint pain.
- Antiseptic and astringent – properties makes it ideal for not only skin and hair care. But also in the fight against body odors. You should add it to your shampoos; conditioners and deodorants.
Lemongrass Contains These Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Folic Acid
Lemongrass Kills Cancer Cells
The big breakthrough however, came when scientist in Israel discovered that it helps in the fight against cancer. Researchers discovered that the plant has cancer curing properties. Placing the fragrant herb in a petri-dish with both the cancerous and the healthy cells. The scientists discovered, to their amazement, that the healthy cells were not negatively impacted, while the cancerous cells died.
The active ingredient responsible for such remarkable results being citral. Just one (1) gram. of the herb has enough citral in it to cause the cancer cells to commit suicide, without damaging the healthy cells.
Join our community to share your experience and learn from the experiences of others. click here